Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Who IS that?

So I emceed a fundraising event on Saturday night. I spent a really long time getting ready (which is not something I usually do) so here I was - thinking I looked presentable - nice almost and then the pictures arrived. I'm not sure if I'm more uncomfortable feeling invisible or this awful. It's NOT the angle or the lighting. There were many beautiful pictures taken and all I can see is my huge abdomen and neck. I just want to turn off the lights and draw the shades.

The good news today is that it is my nephew Sky's birthday. He's a funny, smart and kind man and he is far away from all of us who love him. I am sending my love to him - praying that he stays safe for another day in a place that is full of violence. Happy Birthday Bird!!

A friend who taught writing in college is going to sort of coach me along with my first short story and we'll go from there.

There's a really long line of new students registering for classes today so I'll wait until tomorrow to get that done.

No comments:

Post a Comment